Maida (or refined flour) is without doubt one of the kitchen staples throughout India. It helps offers our pooris and breads a delish flavour and elasticity. It additionally helps elevates the style of lots of our avenue meals, baked items and desserts. Nonetheless, off late, maida has been beneath large scrutiny for its well being influence. In line with nutritionists, extreme consumption of refined flour could also be detrimental for ladies affected by PCOS and likewise these with constipation. Maida has excessive quantities of starch, which can trigger troubles with bowel actions. It’s also not really useful for diabetics, since it could result in blood sugar spikes and dieters anyway are requested to keep away from maida for its lack of excellent high quality fibres. So what must you do? How will we get rid of one thing that’s such an intrinsic a part of our food plan. Ruling out maida means eliminating on a regular basis fundamentals like white bread, poori, biscuits et al.
Fret not, we now have some concepts with the assistance of which you’ll be able to really feel rather less responsible whereas indulging.
1. Maida, if consumed moderately, is probably not that dangerous an thought. So in case you are avid baker, you possibly can resist consuming that complete pie and maybe simply make do with one small piece? One chocolate cookie a day, or a couple of chips too are okay generally.
(Additionally Learn: 9 Scrumptious Dishes with Besan (Gram flour), the Versatile Kitchen Ingredient)
2. Rather a lot depends upon your preparation, so in case you are deep frying your maida items, you might be inviting extra energy that may be onerous to burn. As a substitute, you possibly can go for air-frying, steaming or boiling. Steamed momos are anyday a more healthy wager than fried momos.
3. You possibly can attempt mixing maida with different excessive fibre, nutritious flours like complete wheat, sooji, bajra, jowar. You possibly can combine the flours and make a dough out of it and make a paratha out of this barely extra healthful dough.
(Additionally Learn: 5 Finest Atta-Based mostly Indian Desserts You Can Attempt At Dwelling)
4. And bear in mind, stability is essential! So, in case you are in a temper to indulge on a Sunday and really feel like cooking some kachoris, preserve the sabzi gentle. It’s at all times a good suggestion to incorporate recent, seasonal greens on the aspect for the a lot wanted fibre.
5. Keep away from sugary, baked items from outdoors, as a substitute make some fast a simple ones at dwelling. This manner you’d be capable to monitor to sugar content material, and even use more healthy sugar different like jaggery. Similar to extra maida, extra sugar too is thought to derail weight reduction efforts.
Maintain these factors in thoughts and eat wholesome, be aware and at all times follow portion management.
(This content material together with recommendation gives generic data solely. It’s under no circumstances an alternative choice to certified medical opinion. All the time seek the advice of a specialist or your personal physician for extra data. NDTV doesn’t declare duty for this data.)
About Sushmita SenguptaSharing a robust penchant for meals, Sushmita loves all issues good, tacky and greasy. Her different favorite pastime actions aside from discussing meals consists of, studying, watching films and binge-watching TV reveals.