Aadhaar is a nationwide identification card issued by the Distinctive Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Many Indians now have an Aadhaar card and you should utilize it to confirm your identification whereas getting a brand new SIM card, gasoline connection, or even to make funds. Your Aadhaar information consists of biometric data reminiscent of a retina scan and fingerprint scans too, so it’s a generally used technique of authentication. As an alternative of filling up lengthy kinds for every little thing that requires a legitimate picture ID, you might use your Aadhaar card and authenticate by way of biometrics or a one-time password despatched to your telephone. In case you’re anxious that your Aadhaar information might be misused, you may as well lock Aadhaar biometric information on-line. You may also verify when your Aadhaar information was used for authentication. Simply observe these steps.
- Go to UIDAI’s Aadhaar Authentication Historical past web page.
- Enter your Aadhaar quantity and the captcha within the picture.
- Click on Generate OTP. You’ll get a one-time password by way of SMS in your telephone. In case you haven’t finished it already, right here’s tips on how to confirm your telephone quantity with UIDAI.
- On the following web page, UIDAI permits you to filter the search by particular authentication request varieties reminiscent of biometric, demographic, and so forth. The web page even permits you to choose the date vary — you may see authentication requests as much as six months earlier than the present date. The ultimate area is the OTP. Simply enter that and click on Submit.
- Now you’ll be capable to see an in depth checklist of Aadhaar authentication requests. This reveals you the date, time, and sort of authentication request. Nevertheless, it doesn’t present what firm or company used your Aadhaar information for authentication.
That’s the way you verify your Aadhaar authentication historical past. Do not forget that it’s not obligatory to hold a printed copy of Aadhaar in all places — you may at all times use the mAadhaar app or just obtain a replica of your Aadhaar card.
For extra tutorials, go to our How To part.