WhatsApp is utilized by over a 1.2 billion folks worldwide, and 200 million in India alone. Actually, it’s most likely one of many first apps anybody in India downloads once they get a brand new smartphone because it has turn into the default technique of texting within the nation. Nevertheless, it may possibly turn into an annoyance too when it downloads all of the media recordsdata mechanically, from footage to movies to, extra lately, GIFs, to not point out audio recordsdata and movies. These not solely muddle your cellphone’s gallery and music participant, but additionally eat up a whole lot of storage and information. This is how one can cease WhatsApp from mechanically saving pictures and audio in your cellphone.
The best way to Cease Auto Downloading and Saving of Photos, Movies and Different Media on Whatsapp for Android
WhatsApp for Android has a swap that permits you to cease photographs and movies from downloading. This is how you are able to do it:
- Open WhatsApp, ensure you are seeing the primary window – the place all of your chats are displayed. Faucet the three vertical dots on the highest proper > Settings.
- Now faucet Chat settings > Media auto-download. You may see three choices: When utilizing mobile information, When related on Wi-Fi and When roaming. Faucet each and disable auto-downloads by unchecking all three choices – Pictures, Audio and Video.
To view pictures, you’ll have to obtain them. Whenever you do, WhatsApp saves them in a folder, and you may get inundated with silly memes and different undesirable content material, which is seen to anybody who open’s your cellphone’s Gallery App. Nevertheless, it’s potential to cease these pictures from showing within the Gallery app. This is how:
- Obtain Quickpic and open the app.
- Navigate to the WhatsApp media folders. The placement of the WhatsApp folder varies throughout units however it ought to usually be the next: Inside Storage (generally labelled sdcard0) > WhatsApp > Media > WhatsApp Pictures, > WhatsApp > Media > WhatsApp Audio, and WhatsApp > Media > WhatsApp Movies.
- Lengthy-press the WhatsApp Pictures folder and guarantee that it’s chosen. Do the identical with the WhatsApp Video and WhatsApp Audio folders.
- After deciding on the three folders, faucet the three dots icon on the top-right > Conceal. This can make sure that the Gallery app would not present them. You’ll be able to nonetheless view these photographs and movies inside WhatsApp and thru any apps that allow you to view hidden folders. However when you move your cellphone to somebody, you not want fear about them seeing the WhatsApp pictures and movies by the Gallery app.
The best way to Cease Auto Downloading and Saving of Photos, Movies and Different Media on WhatsApp for iPhone
You’ll be able to flip off media auto-download on iPhone too through the Settings menu.
- Open WhatsApp and faucet the Settings button on the bottom-right, and faucet on Information and Storage Utilization
- On this menu, you will notice the Media Auto-Obtain possibility on high
- For Photographs, Audio, Movies, and Paperwork, choose the By no means possibility
Now solely the recordsdata you select to obtain manually will seem in your cellphone, and you’ll even select to cease the pictures and movies from showing the cellphone’s Digicam Roll. All you could do is to go to Chats within the Settings menu, open the Save to Digicam Roll menu, and switch it to off. This stops the photographs persons are sending from exhibiting up within the digital camera roll, and taking on your synced Photograph Stream.
Not saving photographs mechanically has its benefits, however it additionally signifies that you’ll have to obtain every picture manually. If you find yourself downloading every picture anyway, then it is most likely greatest to go away this function energetic. Tell us if this tutorial helped you through the feedback. For extra such helpful articles, go to our The best way to part.