Microsoft Phrase is a superb app for writing however we have at all times needed a simple solution to convert speech to textual content inside this app. As journalists, we spend approach an excessive amount of time transcribing recorded audio from interviews and even changing voice notes into written textual content. Microsoft lately launched a brand new function for Phrase with which you are able to do each these issues. Comply with this information as properly inform you the straightforward steps that allow you to transcribe audio in Microsoft Phrase.
Microsoft Phrase: Learn how to transcribe an audio file
To start out transcribing an audio file in Microsoft Phrase, observe these steps.
- Go to Microsoft Phrase on-line and log in to your account.
- After you’ve logged in, create a brand new doc.
- Within the House tab, hit the down arrow proper subsequent to Dictate and click on Transcribe.
- You may now see two choices — Add audio and Begin recording.
- Go forward and hit Add audio to add an audio file for transcription. This takes a short while so do not shut the window or refresh the web page whereas your file uploads. Yet another factor to notice is that you could solely add audio information in wav, M4a, mp4 and mp3 codecs.
- As soon as that is carried out, the transcription can be obtainable to you within the pane proper under.
- Now that your file is transcribed, you may edit a section by clicking the pencil icon. After you are carried out making the adjustments, hit the tick icon to verify.
- Apart from, you can too add the entire transcription to a doc by clicking Add all to doc or you may even add a particular part by hovering over the cursor over the part and clicking +.
- You too can mess around with the audio controls if you wish to hear the audio file for making corrections.
- Other than importing audio, you can too report your audio and transcribe in actual time.
- To try this, once more from the House tab, hit the down arrow proper subsequent to Dictate and click on Transcribe.
- Click on Begin Recording to start.
- When you’re carried out recording, hit Save and transcribe now to avoid wasting your file.
- After this, you may repeat the sooner steps to edit or make adjustments.
Transcribe audio to textual content free on-line
When you’re searching for alternate options that provide a lot of the identical performance, don’t be concerned, we have you lined. Take a look at these different choices.
Otter.ai is an efficient choice for somebody who needs to report and take notes in actual time. Otter is a paid service that is obtainable on-line in addition to on smartphones. All it’s worthwhile to do is join along with your e mail ID and also you’re good to go. It’s also fairly simple to make use of. You possibly can merely import an audio file for transcription or you may report audio in actual time. Apart from, when your audio has been transcribed, you get choices to edit it, share it or you may even export the textual content or audio if you happen to choose. Otter provides as much as 600 minutes monthly on the free tier. Nonetheless, if you happen to actually just like the providers and do not thoughts spending on the options, you may get Otter Premium for $9.99 a month (roughly Rs. 735) or $99.99 a yr (roughly Rs, 7,355). Apart from, there’s additionally Otter for Groups that allows you to transcribe Zoom conferences. This prices $30 a month (roughly Rs. 2,207) or $720 yearly (roughly Rs. 52,970).
Descript is one other nice transcription service, however in contrast to Otter, it is just obtainable as an app for Home windows and Mac. So, after getting the app put in in your laptop, all it’s worthwhile to do is join the service and also you’re able to transcribe. Descript has all of the choices that allow you to report, add an audio file, edit it, share it and many others., however the catch right here is that you just solely get three hours of transcription time on the free tier. If you wish to proceed utilizing Descript, you may both must go for a Creator account that prices $15 a month (roughly Rs. 1,107) or if you’d like the most effective of the most effective, you may go for the Professional account that prices $30 a month (roughly Rs. 2,207).
Google Docs won’t be as feature-rich as the opposite transcription providers on this checklist, however if you happen to merely need to take notes whereas talking, then look no additional than Google’s providing. To start out recording your voice, open Google Docs in your laptop > create a brand new doc > click on Instruments > click on Voice typing. Now, all it’s worthwhile to do is communicate and Docs will do the remainder for you. After all, you may must tweak your doc a bit, however is not tweaking a doc higher than writing an entire one? And the nice half is that every one of that is free.
Write it down within the feedback if you happen to choose Google Docs voice-typing or are you keen to pay the premium for different transcription providers.
For extra tutorials, go to our How To part.
Is Android One holding again Nokia smartphones in India? We mentioned this on Orbital, our weekly expertise podcast, which you’ll subscribe to by way of Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, obtain the episode, or simply hit the play button under.