The Revenue Tax division’s e-filing web site enables you to handle all of your tax-related issues. This contains submitting your revenue tax returns on-line, checking the standing of your IT refund purposes, and to e-verify your IT return. The IT division’s web site subsequently has quite a bit delicate monetary data that you just in all probability wish to defend. The IT division presents sure choices so as to add to your account’s safety and you need to use these as a way to defend your account. Step one clearly includes utilizing safer passwords and avoiding passwords you’ve used elsewhere, and when you’ve performed that, comply with these steps to extend the safety of your revenue tax returns e-filing account.
- Go to the Revenue Tax e-filing web site’s Increased Safety webpage. Yow will discover this below the Profile Settings tab > e-Submitting Vault – Increased Safety.
- Now you’ll see two headings — Login with Increased Safety Choices that permits you to add an additional layer of safety whereas logging in and Lock Reset Password Choices that forestalls altering the password with out an additional layer of authentication.
- Below Login with Increased Safety Choices, choose the choice you wish to allow. We selected Login by Internet-Banking for this tutorial. You might also select from Login utilizing Aadhaar OTP, Login utilizing DSC (digital signature certificates), Login utilizing Financial institution Account EVC (digital verification code), and Login utilizing Demat EVC.
- When you examine that choice, click on Proceed.
- Now you will notice a pop-up describing the safety methodology. Click on Okay.
- You’ll be again to the web page in step 3. Click on Proceed once more.
- The following web page will ask you to substantiate your authentication methodology. Click on Affirm.
This may allow the additional step of authentication to your account. Once you log within the subsequent time you’ll be requested to make use of the second issue of authentication after you enter your revenue tax e-filing credentials. For internet banking primarily based logins, you have to go to your financial institution’s internet banking portal and discover the revenue tax e-filing choice. When you choose the choice labelled one thing like “E-file your revenue tax return”, you’ll be capable to entry your e-filing account. This step varies primarily based on the strategy of authentication you select. The DSC methodology seems to be essentially the most safe because it enables you to create a USB token to log in. Detailed directions on the right way to use it may be discovered on the IT division’s Assist web page > How you can > How you can Register DSC.
How you can lock password reset on revenue tax e-filing web site
It’s simple to lock password resets on the IT division’s e-filing web site. Comply with these steps.
- Go to the Revenue Tax e-filing web site’s Increased Safety webpage.
- Scroll right down to Lock Reset Password Choices.
- Resetting your password through internet banking is at all times enabled. Nevertheless, you may stop resets through different strategies reminiscent of Utilizing Aadhaar OTP, Add DSC, Utilizing Financial institution Account EVC, and Utilizing Demat EVC. We tried Utilizing Aadhaar OTP for this tutorial. Examine the choice you want to select and click on Proceed.
- The following step is only a affirmation pop-up. Right here click on Generate Aadhaar OTP.
- Then the positioning asks you to enter the OTP. Enter it and click on Validate.
- Within the subsequent step click on Affirm.
This may allow locking password resets with out further authentication. The following time you attempt to reset your IT e-filing account password, you’ll be requested to enter your Aadhaar OTP, or to make use of the opposite authentication methodology that you just selected.
For extra tutorials, go to our How To part.