The performance oriented BMW M340i sits right at the top in the 3 Series range and rivals the likes of the Mercedes-AMG A 35 4 Matic and the upcoming Audi S5.
The all-new BMW M340i is now officially on sale in India and it’s the latest addition to the 3 Series line-up. The performance oriented BMW M340i sits right at the top in the 3 Series range and rivals the likes of the Mercedes-AMG A 35 4 Matic and the upcoming Audi S5. BMW is manufacturing the BMW M340i locally in India and the company will be selling it in limited numbers in our market.
Also Read: BMW M340i Review
- The BMW M340i is the fastest in the range and it’s been engineered by the company’s performance arm – BMW M.
- It features a 3.0-litre, six-cylinder engine under it hood along with an all-wheel drive setup.
- The engine is tuned to churn out 387 bhp and a solid 500 Nm of peak torque and it is mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission. You get paddle shifters as well.
- The powertrain provides enough grunt to the M340i for it to do the 0-100 kmph sprint in just 4.4 seconds making it seriously quick for its segment.
- The BMW M340i also gets a new lift-related damper control and has the M Sport differential that is electronically controlled. The Adaptive M suspension with electronically controlled dampers offers a good mix of ride and handling. Moreover, the M-specific chassis tuning, BMW xDrive all-wheel drive and the M Sport rear differential also add to its agility on the track and winding roads.
- Talking about the exterior, the new BMW M340i looks much edgier. The new kidney grille with chrome bezels, sharp and sleek headlights, and the muscular bumper all scream aggression! In India the car drives in with 18-inch wheels which can be upgraded to 19-inch units that are optional.
- Compared to the regular 3 Series, the M340i sits lower by about 10 mm. The sharp lines and features can be seen on the rear section as well, which also features a set of wide LED taillights. It also features the M Sport exhaust with dual outlets.
- The cabin of the new BMW M340i gets all the bells and whistles seen on the standard 3 Series sedan and then some. From the sunroof to the 12.3-inch instrument panel- and even the large 10.25-inch touchscreen with connectivity tech- all are standard.
- It also gets three-zone automatic climate control, ambient lighting, extended storage and an automatically dimming rear-view mirror among others. The car also gets an 8.8-inch Control Display along with the Connected Package Plus including Real-Time Traffic Information, Remote Services, Concierge Services and Apple CarPlay among others.
- The company also said that the first 40 customers to book the car will be enrolled for a specially curated driver training experience at a popular race track in India.