Common Account Quantity (UAN) is the account the place workers’ provident fund (EPF) deposits are made. In lots of corporations, salaried workers are given EPF as a profit that saves taxes and provides to long-term financial savings. Many workers are conscious of cash being added to their PF deposits, however do not usually know the place this cash is and easy methods to entry it. To verify PF steadiness, it’s essential to activate your UAN first. This can be a pretty easy course of that it’s essential to comply with if in case you have by no means activated your UAN earlier than. When you activate UAN, it is possible for you to to verify PF steadiness.
Your UAN will normally be displayed in your payslip. If it’s not displayed right here, you need to contact the finance division of your organisation to search out your UAN. That is solely relevant to those that get PF deducted from their wage.
When you’ve got by no means checked your PF steadiness, comply with these steps to activate your UAN by way of the Staff’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) web site.
- Go to the EPFO web site and click on Activate UAN on the bottom-right nook of the web page.
- Key in your UAN, identify, date of start, cell quantity, and the captcha textual content. Then click on Get Authorization Pin.
- You’ll now get a one-time password (OTP) in your cell quantity. Copy it.
- Confirm all the main points on the EPFO web page, and tick the check-box subsequent to I Agree.
- Paste the OTP out of your cellphone subsequent to Enter OTP and click on Validate OTP and Activate UAN.
This can activate your UAN and the password will likely be despatched to your cell quantity. You’ll nonetheless want to attend for six hours earlier than you may log in to the EPFO portal to verify PF steadiness. Six hours after activating UAN, you may verify PF steadiness.
For extra tutorials, go to our How To part.